Friday, June 28, 2013

Good Evening :)

We went for a rainy day drive today... 


....over parts of my old territory, where I use to work. Been a couple years since I quit that job, for personal reasons. I looked at that scenery so many times over the years, as I traveled the miles and many roads. Everything was tattooed in my brain. It was pretty interesting to see how much everything had gotten bigger, and greener. I swear the hardwood trees have taken over the softwood. It's gonna be really beautiful in the fall. Everything always ties in together somehow in my head, and it kinda struck me how things have changed in my life since those couple years have past. A totally unexpected and uncharted road lies ahead of me. Logically that's always the case, but some parts of our life feel like routine, some feel like transition, a fork in the road perhaps. It all kinda left me feeling nostalgic, a little lonely, a bit puzzled, but mostly grateful :-)
-MissK

3 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

Well said my Canadian sister. That last sentence says a lot. For me too!

Anonymous said...

Hardwoods do take over the forest. They sprout and grow under the protection of the evergreens(the first to grow back after logging or farming) until one day they are strong. At that point the shoot up above the evergreens which, being old die out. Thus the forest is renewed. ---Ray

MissK said...

:-)