Friday, January 31, 2014

Good Morning! :)


Time for an update ;-)

I spent a big part of the week going through boxes and boxes of my daughter's clothes. Pretty much everything from her first days to now. All of which I had packed up and sealed away, just in case. Y'all know how that goes ;-)

Well, I have a few reason for doing this "now". The main one is because my daughter's Godmother, who was in town for a few days, just had a baby of her own. And my daughter is now the little one's Godmother :-)

And since going through everything that belongs to me in this house is a major priority lately... I though it was perfectly suited to pass on my daughter's childhood things to this new little treasure, my baby's Goddaughter <3

So now my basement looks like something exploded all over the place. I got piles of boxes everywhere, a lot now empty, thank God. I sent off boxes of old toys and a bunch of bags filled with clothes to goodwill, and kept the best for the Little One. I washed all the chosen pieces and took it all to them yesterday. 

The new mommy was just 13 when my daughter was born. And we were all very close 'till she went off to college. She lives about 4 hours away now with her new little family, so we don't get to see them very often. Years do go by so fast.

Back to the sorting, I wish I was done, but I have a lot more to go though, because yes, I did keep everything. I wonder how many people actually do that. As some of you might get, it's been very nostalgic to go through all "my" baby's stuff, but I'm glad it's being cleared out. We gotta look to the future eh... Moving on as they say ;-)
-MissK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your igloo has a basement?

MissK said...

You can call it a dungeon if you like, Anon ;-)

billf said...

Yes, the years have a way of slipping by before we know it.And those of us who 'keep things because someone might need them someday' accumulate a LOT of stuff.I'm glad you have a chance to put those things to good use,and I know how you can lose track of time going through boxes of that old stuff.
Like you say,a chance to get rid of stuff,and downsize your pile,getting ready to move on.

West Tx at Heart said...

4 houses down... hmmmm must be a synonym for igloo.