Monday, September 10, 2012

What REAL Women Find Sexy. By Wiserangel


I HAVE BEEN ON A QUEST. MissK asked me to help her find hunks for Filfy Friday, and I'm beginning to think it's an impossible dream. You type in sexy and get all sorts of hard bodies glistening with some sort of oil posed with their hands somehow cupping their crotches.  All pecs, delts, biceps & triceps, and the prerequisite six pack. Some of these dudes have an 8 pack, and I swear to God, one had a 12-pack. But I digress.

Shirtless, tight jeans, chiseled features, perfect hair, clean nails, meh....

Where are the REAL men? So I sat down to list what I, a REAL III woman, find sexy in a man; and maybe if someone sees pics that fit this image, they can send them on to MissK. So here we go:

  • Strong does NOT mean muscle bound. If you've got muscles from working hard, that's one thing; but if you are so well-defined a 1st year med student can identify your musculature, you're spending too much time in the gym. NOT sexy. And knock it off with the oil. I want my men glistening with sweat.

  • Women are not that turned on by blatant nudity. We'd rather look at a fully clothed man and wonder what it would be like to undress him and discover for ourselves. We're adventurous explorers at heart. So dudes in Speedos or thongs, uh-uh.

  • Hair, um, yes, no, maybe. Actually guys, and pay very close attention, real men don't spend hours fucking with their hair. If you've got it, wash it, comb it, cut it occasionally. If you don't, don't worry about it, but for God's sake, no comb-overs. Embrace your baldness. Some of the sexiest men alive are bald.

  • I love men's faces, especially when they show character. Butter smooth, chiseled jaw, bedroom eyes lowered to half-mast. Meh. Give me tanned from working/playing outside, eyes that shine with intelligence (not book smarts) and good humor, lines around the eyes and mouth that say he's not a stranger to laughing and smiling, add a few hard-earned scars and we're good.

  • Clothing? Doesn't really matter, gonna end up in a heap on the floor.

So there you have it, short and sweet. A man that works hard, plays hard, loves hard, fights hard, and snores in the recliner on Sunday afternoon. If ya'll can find THOSE pics, send 'em in.

That's what I'm talking about girl, thank you so much for this great write-up. 

18 comments:

hiswiserangel said...

Nobody knows where to find these guys? Seriously?

drjim said...

Oh, we're around.....

drjim said...

Yeah, well....I 'aint much to look at at my age (61), but I sure used to be!
And I treat my wife with respect, love, and complete loyalty.

MissK said...

Well that is very admirable drjim. And I'd be willing to bet you still are. Age just adds character, and that is what makes good looks real.

Your wife is a very lucky lady :) See, a real man ;-)

MissK said...

Anyone else brave enough to share a little?...

hiswiserangel said...

See, that's just it, the looks aren't what's sexy. You can have a pretty package, but girls are WAY more interested in what's IN the package, especially if it's an impressive package....

drjim said...

Aw, shucks, ladies....you're gonna make me blush!

Men are men, and women are women. We're different, and when a man and a woman both know that, they usually make a pretty good pair. My wife listens to me vent about things in my job, and just "knows" when I need to do that.
Tonight she came home, obviously upset about something, and it took a while to get her to tell me. It was some BS she goes through from time to time where she works, but I was able to get her to talk about it, and now she feels better.
And since I "had" to go out to Walgreen's tonight to pick something up, I bought her one of those little bags of Godiva Dark Chocolate Truffle things.
Sometimes a gal just needs some chocolate, diet or not!

MissK said...

Thank you for sharing that drjim. A real gentleman :-)

hiswiserangel said...

Awwwww, drjim, a True Man graces us and gives us hope that there are more out there. And you're right. Chocolate works everytime. ;-)

The Steel Ibeam said...

Peek a Boo, here I am!

Hiswiserangel should know by now what I look like ink and all since she probably trolled my facebook page when trying to see the crackpot behind the Ibeam.

Israel
III

hiswiserangel said...

Awww, Israel, I'm not a stalker. I'm a peeper. ;-) And you and your wife are adorable. I just want a III man of my very own.

drjim said...

You'll find one, kiddo.
Just keep looking. Took me 12 years to find my sweetie after I got divorced.
And I went out on a lot of dates that were, ummm, less than successful!

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks drjim. Gotta kiss a lot of frogs, huh? Let me go find my chapstik

drjim said...

'Tis true, 'tis true!

Since I don't go to bars, and don't go to church much, it was hard to find nice women. I decided to try on-line dating.

Don't laugh, it works if you work at it!

The first was eHarmony....what a bust! I'm not sure what they use for their "29 compatibility checks", but they kept matching me with either tree-hugging liberal loonies, or hard-boiled professional women. It's not fun to have your date's Blackberry go off, and watch her say "Excuse me, I *have* to take this call"!

Then I tried Yahoo Personals, and met some really nice women. The only "problem" there was that they were all 15~20 years younger than me! Very nice young ladies, but I really needed somebody closer to my own age.
And please, no jokes about "Get 'em young and raise 'em right"!

I finally went to Match.com, and started meeting women I could really talk to, and who I had a lot of things in common with. Sure, I met a few flakes, some airheads, and a few really super gals who just wanted to be friends, but I had great times with them.
Finally, after a couple of years, I found my Lady.

We started going out, and we just "clicked". No games, no drama, no trauma, we just "worked".

We've been together 5 years now, and February will be our third wedding anniversary.

If you really want to find someone, you will.

Sometimes it just takes some time and effort.

hiswiserangel said...

You two should be in a match.com commercial, and I'm grinning. I think women's hearts all over blogdom just melted. :-)

Thank you drjim, I needed that.

The Steel Ibeam said...

You gotto go through hell to get to heaven sometimes. My wife will not claim to be a III'er, but she supports everything that I am. Thats all I can ask for. She knows I am her rock and will be there to pick her up when she is down, be the shoulder for her to cry on, make her smile with a bouqet of asiatic lilies(her favorite), give her Chocolate when she needs it, help with her store(my new second home it appears) and protect her and our daughter with my life.

We just renewed our vows on the island called Anguilla in the Caribbean this past May. August marked our 12 year anniversary. I am a lucky man to have a woman such as her. She is my today and all of my tomorrows.
Israel
III

hiswiserangel said...

Awwww, Israel, you guys are just adorable in your pics. MissK, this is turning into a III Romantic Men thread. I would love to collect all of these dedications. Definitely proves that III Men are head and shoulders above the rest.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say 'thank you' for a reminder that there are still women who appreciate men who can do more than stand around and look good in a Abercrombie ads and like to wear their hats at weird angles. It much appreciated by a guy who is proud of the scars on his hands from turning wrenches and working at the forge.

Thank you ladies.