Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Good Morning Sunshine :)


I just love old buildings like this. Every time I see one I get this urge to go explore. When I get the chance to, which only happens when I'm alone.... I like to take my time and feel the energy that is unique to each one. Use all of my senses, and take it in, in a way that it stays with me. I find it very cleansing :-)

Perhaps on that day I would marvel at how it was built. How all the different parts fit together. The adage "They don't make 'em like they use to" definitely applies here. I like to consider the thought process of why something is the way it is. How it got it's start. In terms of it's life purpose, the intent with which it was built, the use that come of it and of course how time has affected it, changed it, abused it, weakened it, supported it and shaped it. How the surroundings have grown and transformed around it, making that old building part of the landscape in a way that removing it would be like amputation of a living part.  

Or maybe the purpose of the exploration would be in the hopes of finding a little something insignificant that I can take back with me, something that tells part of "the story". Or maybe even a treasure that is going to waste. Something that the owners would have no issues parting with. A piece that could be restored and displayed in ones living quarters... 

Just a little something to think about ;-)
-MissK

3 comments:

billf said...

Well written,Missk.
I,too,like old houses and old barns,just to think of how tough it was in the old days,and what they had to put up with,and overcome,that we would think were tough sacrifices,and they took them as they came,not knowing any different.

idahobob said...

I like the way your brain works! :-)

Bob
III

GGG said...

Good Morning MissK :-)

Its getting harder finding
"so called" abandoned structures. What is significant to some is insignificant to others, and they dispose of them, making way for shopping malls, subdivisions, big corporate farms. Its sad.
Some have a high price put on them and they become historical, antiques, museum pieces.
Have explored many, been run out of many, and jailed a few times. :-)
Allot of good memories