Monday, October 17, 2016

The Sky Was On Fire


     This was the view from my workshop a few days ago. It looked like the whole sky was on fire. To think, this will be the living paintings I'll get to enjoy everyday from my bedroom and kitchen windows, just a few months from now.


You can't see on these pictures, but there's mountain views too. My spot is kind of on a hillside, so I sit above the neighbor's roof. I do like being on top ;-)

The scenery is beautiful year round, and being out in the country, the absence of city lights make the night sky truly breathtaking. Yes, I will have a skylight.

The view will change before the house goes up. The same skyline of course, minus a few trees that are leaning towards the power lines, or where the buildings "are". And since my woodlot was dense with trees when I first got it, a lot of the trees tend to be pretty lanky, oxymoron right there. I was reluctant to cut them down at fist, trying to keep as many as I could, but I realized I could plant whatever I wanted, and I get to keep the wood... I love having my own little piece of Paradise on Earth !! :D

8 comments:

idahobob said...

Nice, nice, and very nice!

Bob

Anonymous said...

I like sunsets.---Ray

Unknown said...

May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

MissK said...

Jerry, you may display my header on your site if you like. Thanks :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much for giving permission. You can see your linked header under All, Daily Life, Land/Sea/Skyscapes, Photography, Political and Canada. If you could say something (preferably good) about SiteHoundSniffs.com here and there, I would greatly appreciate it.

MissK said...

Jerry, I added your site to my Blogroll Page... Great Variety ;-)

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Patrick D said...

You love being on top. You have a boot fettish and you play with guns. God butI love Cowgirls!!
Superb sunset pic, MissK!