Thursday, July 2, 2015

"Cultural fascists are also raving hypocrites"


"As usual, you are using a horrific event,
and the victims of that horror, as your excuse..."



"You demand it be banned from society because you insist
society accept your definition of what it represents."


Here's part of a reader comment from the Article Linked
(comment author: JohnStevens, in reply to some Richard dude)

"No matter what, you cannot justifie the confederate flag, it stands for the Klan, always has always will."

No it doesn't.  Symbols have no meaning.  Meaning is what we bring to symbols, they don't "stand" for anything. So there is no need to justify anything.  By the First Amendment, everyone has a right to display the symbols that they wish, and nobody has a right to tell them what that symbol means. If you want to find out what a symbol means to someone, ASK THEM, instead of trying to force your meaning on them.

More from the Article...

"We will no longer sell that horrible thing! declare Apple, Sears, eBay, Amazon, and the rest about the Confederate flag. What frauds. Up until last week none had a problem in the world with that flag.  The racially-sensitive folks at Amazon still sell Nazi and apartheid memorabilia."
"You will use this – you know you will – to tar any conservative you can tie to the evil you’ve invented. You’ll declare that person a racist if he doesn’t publicly agree with you, won’t you?"
"What’s next? How long will it take for you to demand that the American flag be removed? It’s a natural progression."
"What about the Cross? You think it’s a symbol of religious oppression. The KKK solemnly sets it ablaze in their ceremonies. You’ll want that banned, too. In fact President Obama has already demanded it be covered if he speaks in front of one."
"Tear down your own damn flags."
~ !!!! ~

How do you feel about this? :/

Click HERE to read the Full Article.
Link sent in by reader Bob, Thanks ;-)


My Lucky doesn't give a fuck!!


Ain't he handsome ;-)

And My Rebel patch is going back up ~ Destination: Left Sidebar :P


8 comments:

edutcher said...

Anything the Lefties say about the Confederate flag, they say about the American flag.

Surprised they're not going after the Maple Leaf, although the old flag (which I thought was a Hell of a lot better), the British one, would have been an easier target.

Coming to a Dominion near you, no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Your Lucky looks a lot like my Lucky. Mine's 4 and very active.

billf said...

Personally,I have never thought of the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism or the KKK,I realize the Klan used it,and many 'racists' display it,but to me it means that there once was a group of people in the South who resented being told what to do and how to live by northerners who had no business trying to run their lives.That's what states rights "used" to mean-mind your own business.
I agree slavery was wrong,and I won't be accused of being racist-cause I'm not,but if you don't like the south,don't live here.
I've always liked the little blurb on the left sidebar where you talk about -you don't care what color people are,etc,but don't raise my taxes or take my guns (or whatever it says )

If you don't like me,leave me the fuck alone,and I'll do the same for you....

Anonymous said...

Well this is one of those things everyone seems to have this big passion going on over. My family has been in north American since at least 1540 ( moms side) and 1699 (dads side) My ancestors fought in every war. They fought and died on both sides in the 1861-1865 war. (the War of northern aggression as it is called south of the Kentucky river) Where I am from in Eastern Kentucky this war(1861-65) carried on as a gurilla(spell?)war until well into the 1920's. That's right! Republicans (north) and Democrat (south) were still shooting at each other for generations after Lee surrendered and not one of them ever owned slaves, they were too poor. No Africans ever lived in my home county or any county bordering us. Not before, and not after the civil war. Yet today we (Jackson and Owsley Co. Ky.) are at the center of all this in Ky. I have close kin who have married Indians, Mexicans, Koreans, French, Italian and Native spouses. Yet as "white men" from eastern Ky. we are called "racist" and "redneck" by people who have never met anyone who was in the KKK . "K" for generations my people have been reviled as ignorant, lazy, drunken, racist who fucked their own sisters, and that is how the "left" sees this flag issue. As a symbol of the thing they hate and fear most in this world. ME and "my kind". The "Hillbilly Redneck". Because when you get right down to it. It is the graves of my ancestors they want dug up. It is the monuments to my ancestors they want to pull down. It is my history and my symbols the left wants "banned" . It is My language they wish abolished. My culture and my religion they want wiped from this earth. They don't want my flag "K". They want genocide.---Ray

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how naively the progressives throw around the word "Klan" and "KKK."

The KKK was created by Democrats after the civil war to disarm and terrorise blacks. It was the first gun control organization and the earliest terrorist organization by the definition of terrorism used today.

The populist hate-on is also targeting the wrong flag! The battle flag is not the actual flag of the confederacy. Mob mentality and intelligence are mutually exclusive more often than not though.

angrymike said...

Well, I think your Lucky has been Americanized...
I'll bet he even knows English... ;-p

MikeG said...

So here I am in a small southern Minnesota town. I have no connection to the south with the exception of visiting a few times. Always liked it there because the waitresses all call me "Honey". Anyway, I have nothing against the Confederate flag because I know history. Those who do know history know that it is not a symbol of racism or hate. Never owned a flag or wanted to until I was told I should not have one. Though I will not fly it, I ordered two from cootersplace.com where you can still buy them. There is a guy that lives a few blocks from me that has had a confederate flag flying in his front yard for years. It's pretty faded. Always meant to ask him about it. I think when my flags get here I will go introduce myself and offer him one to replace his faded one. The sound of liberals heads exploding will be worth way more than what the flag cost me.

edutcher said...

One other point.

If you're looking for a reason to boycott something, consider this:

Forget amazon offers Nazi and Commie stuff, we beat them.

Amazon also offers Hezbullah, Hamas, and Taliban stuff.

And we're at war with them.

Now.

Regardless of what Idiot Boy says.